Friday, October 30, 2009

10023009

Amber and I are about to watch the Friday the 13th remake. It was released this spring on one of the two Fridays that fell on the 13th. It has got me thinking about this newish trend in remaking old classic and even bad horror films. Let me a list of a few films I have watched recently that were either remakes or have recent (2000s) remakes: Amityville Horror, The Exorcist, The Wicker Man, Halloween, The Fog, Psycho, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The new films always seem to ruin the original by adding more blood and killing. Do they not realize that the suspense is what makes great horror films great. I would enjoy remakes if it meant just updating the quality and plot while keeping the suspense intact. Oh well, I guess progress means progress.

No comments: