Monday, November 16, 2009

21190061

My new running life is starting with a drastic change to my outlook of the basics. I decided that I need to change something big in my running to stop my streak of injuries. My father recommended I run less on soft surfaces because that could be putting too much stress on my lower legs. That got me thinking about my lower leg strength and endurance. Maybe my problem is not putting stress on my lower legs, but instead my inherent weakness. I've heard about the benefits of barefoot running and I decided it makes a lot of sense for my situation. I have started transitioning to running barefoot by doing some barefoot walking and some running. To aid my transition and to protect my I bought a pair of Vibram FiveFingers Sprint. These "shoes" are merely rubber gloves for your feet. No support, just protection. My hope is to build up my lower leg strength gradually and to make running more fun and to experience fewer injuries. If you see someone on the street running barefoot please do not laugh; smile and wave because they probably are not crazy.

1 comment:

Brooks Butler Hays said...

those are the really stupid shoes, please don't wear those drew