Monday, November 2, 2009

00911022

Sorry for not posting yesterday. It was a busy day and there was a long drive involved.


Last week in one of my classes we looked at some famous paintings. This got me thinking about the arts and my participation in them. I enjoyed going to the art galleries in Europe and even the ones in the States I have been to. Should I be spending more time trying to be culturally aware of art and its place in...lets say Williamsburg? And on top of that, should I be supporting local/national/international art in order to keep something I love around? Buying music and supporting musicians is easy, but buying paintings or other art forms can be expensive and tedious. I also wonder if I were alive during the time of the Impressionists, would I even appreciate their art like I do now? Theater, film, writing, music, and performance arts are great and I support them occasionally. Painting, photography, sculpture, and modern art are also great and I never support them.

No comments: