Wednesday, December 16, 2009

26009121

I know I have not blogged in a long time and when I have blogged it has been incoherent at best. I guess I'm in that groove right now. Hopefully this post will be the start of consistency again.

I have been thinking recently about my age and how people my age act in the real world. As people come in and out of my house it is readily apparent that I am no longer a college student. I used to really enjoy hearing and telling about crazy things that my classmates do this time of year. Now it is the exact opposite. I am afraid someone is going to get really hurt or in real trouble for acting stupid. My most enjoyable moments over the past few weeks have been times I spent with my fellow graduate students. Going to visit Heritage High school was a blast last week and even going to the Leafe last night for a couple hours was well worth it. I didn't partake in the fun my elementary counterparts were having, but I did enjoy talking and laughing with them. (I still have a few more days of hard work ahead of me to finish the semester- Ugh.) It surprises me how young the undergrads look, even the seniors. Could I have switched my entire social group to that "young adult" age bracket? Is it because I am so close to teaching 16 to 18 year-olds? Either way, the people I have made relationships with this semester are the type of people I see myself associating with for a long time to come.

I posted a while back about this same topic. Looking back at that post makes me think that I was ready for a mentality change. That changed did not come until just recently.

A song lyric to close the post:
Growing Old is Getting Old
Silversun Pickups
Swoon

No comments: